Delta Upsilon Omega High School Scholarship
The Delta Upsilon Omega High School Scholarship consists of at least two $2,500 non- renewable scholarship awards that will be provided to high school graduating seniors with high academic achievement and community service. The purpose of the scholarship program is to encourage and enable young African-American and African students to attend college and achieve their future goals. Scholarship recipients should have a strong desire to succeed, as well as meet all of the requirements outlined below. A complete application packet must be submitted for consideration.
To be eligible for the Delta Upsilon Omega High School scholarship, each applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate academic achievement by having a minimum 2.7 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) upon high school graduation
- Possess leadership qualities
- Show financial need
- Must be currently enrolled and attending as a full time high school senior in King County with an expected graduation date no later than June 30,
- Must be accepted and enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Must be Involved in at least one extracurricular, civic, or community activity while in high school
- Must be a female African-American student
The scholarship award will be paid to your college or university upon receipt of enrollment verification (student must provide address where funds should be sent as well as enrollment verification).
Application Process Timeline
All applications must be postmarked no later than March 26, 2019. Scholarship finalists will be notified by e-mail no later than April 6, 2019 with further instructions and if selected applicants will need to be available for a mandatory interview in April – date and time to be announced. Winners of the scholarships will be expected to receive their award in person in June – date and time to be announced.
For questions about the scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.